Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Weekend of Camps

What a great weekend. Friday was Wyatt's family night at his summer camp, so I got to experience Pepperhill camp first hand. My boy suckered me into being the only adult in the pool, but I couldn't turn him down. He went from clinging on to dear life at the beginning of summer to running and jumping into the pool (with a life jacket on). I could have died when I saw him do it for the first time. We also went on a hayless hay ride. This is where I heard Wyatt's first witnessed flirting attempt. Wyatt had been talking about his "girlfriend" Megan all week. So, we're on this ride and the one and only Megan spots him and comes to sit next to him. And then, in a tone you can only imagine, Wyatt says "Red Rover, Red Rover, send Megan right over." What...did I just hear that? I could have died! And I had nobody there to laugh with!

Saturday we went camping with some friends. This was our first camping trip (and my first since I was about 6 and camping in my aunt's yard with my cousins). Apparently Jason and my aunt have a difference of opinion in tents. I prefer the tent that you can stand up in. He prefers the kind that you all but have to slither into. Regardless we all packed our hind-tails in it for some close family fun. Well, until it stormed and the one not-so-waterproof part of the tent was over my face. Being the great wife that I am, I wake Jason up and make him switch spots with him. I have since been shopping on-line for tents because we really did have a blast. Wyatt ate his weight in S'mores and even found a snail on the outside of our tent. It's amazing how much you can relax in such a short period of time without TV, phones or computers!

Finally, Wyatt has been golfing with Jason. Personally, I'd rather eat my arm than shoot 9 holes, but I'm all for the boys going out for an afternoon round. My parents got Wyatt some clubs this summer and Jason's teaching him the basics. Keep it up kid...you either need to be really smart or athletic, cause college ain't cheap!







4 comments:

The Barnett's said...

Sounds like a great time! Maybe we can all meet somewhere between KY & WI and go camping together sometime.

kitzkazventure said...

Great pics! Nick has been reading about camping and they "played" camping for an evening outside but I think the real thing is coming soon....you are brave, I'm not sure if I want to go..... :)

Unknown said...

I love the red rover story! I would have loved to have heard that!! I'm afraid that's only the first of the flirting attempts... a guy this cute is bound to keep this up for years, I'm afraid. :-)

Katie said...

ok, I (Katie) sent that last comment. Where did "Early" come from??? :-/