Sunday, August 16, 2009

Reality Check

It hit me this weekend. I've been blissfully naive in hoping that we could get our court date prior to the closure. However, we believe this Friday is the day courts close until October. We don't know this for sure, as our agency has not given us specific dates, but everything we read (which we can't confirm as accurate, but fairly consistent) points to Friday as the dreaded day. What does this mean. MORE WAITING. Waiting until at least October for a court date. We went from hoping to travel in late June (our first scheduled court date was June 5), to now hoping we will travel in 2009. Am I being pessimistic? Possibly. But sometimes, the optimism can override the reality that has simply slapped me in the face. With that said, I'd be lying if I didn't admit that there is a piece of me that still is hopeful we'll be surprised by a "you passed court" call. A girl can hope, right!?

Enough of me feeling sorry for myself!!! We are so grateful for the past couple of weeks in which we've seen updated pictures of Gabe. Wait until you see these eyes! There is a family traveling to Ethiopia this Friday to meet their daughter and they are taking Gabe a care package from us, as well as taking more pictures. We cannot wait to hear all about him and see even more pictures of our boy!! We cannot thank them enough for doing this for us. It definitely makes the waiting a little more bearable.

4 comments:

The Pinterest Professional said...

So sorry to hear of MORE waiting...that has to be so frustrating. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers! But way to stay positive...your time will come! :)

kmr said...

I want nothing more than for that family to steal Gabe from the country for you. Or to go over and do it myself. Gr.

Jennifer said...

I was thinking of you guys this morning. Those same thoughts assailed me as well. One last week. Then it's Hello Fall. And same here- no formal agency confirmation- just the same "News" blog we both read.

As long as we don't have assignments, we can hold on to hope for the next 4 days, right? :-) That's my motto!

Funny we both sent care packages off to our "G's" at the same time. I hope the pictures are wonderful, though I know they will be!

The Mom of 'em said...

We are all praying HARD that you can bring him home SOON!!! He's so gorgeous!!!