Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What a Week!





























































The past week has been busy to say the least. School started for Wyatt last Wednesday, we had our first friend weekend sleep over and we threw in a birthday party into the mix on Saturday. Some things we learned over the past couple of days are:
1. Our house isn't ample for a family of 4...especially 2 boys. If anyone is looking for a house in Lexington, I can hook you up.
2. Bounce U Rocks!! And they can make a killing off of parents looking to zap some energy out of their kids.
3. Preschool is a God send. If you know me, you know this is not anything new I learned this year. I could go on for days about the importance Early Childhood Education. Now you throw in a little personal experience with my kid and I could go on forever. I cannot wait to see the gains he makes this year.

Funny Story of the Week: The letter of the week is "A". I was at the store, so I bought an apple. I get home give him the whole "I got you a surprise at the store, it starts with a letter A. What do you think it is?" speal. His response.... A (emphasis on the long a sound) Lunchable! Wrong!!! The look on his face was priceless when I took that apple out of the bag. It was the look you gave the person handing out toothbrushes instead of the chocolate on Halloween. I guess I better start thinking more creatively about the letter B. Any suggestions?

Oh, and the spider man suit picture. That was taken on our walk today. He was wringing wet from sweat, but he was dead set on wearing that. Some battles just aren't worth fighting.

5 comments:

The Mom of 'em said...

oh what I wouldn't give to live closer to you guys!!! Idea for "B"....does it have to be food? something Batman? like Batman stickers? Bologna lunchable? Barn?(to go w/the tractors) or you could dash his hopes again and get him a banana. ha. =-)

The Pinterest Professional said...

Love it! You are right - some battles just are not worth it. I love "Aaaaa Lunchable!" haha And I love the Spiderman outfit - Carson is just starting to get into "piderman" as he calls him :)

kitzkazventure said...

I love the fist spidey photo. He has such an endearing smile! You are going to have to beat off the hannah montana wanna-bees! ;)

vonnebarnett said...

Bark from a tree or have him bark like a puppy!
I have always preferred a bunch of balloons or a picture of a black bat (for Halloween). I have often used pictures for the alphabet stuff as it gives them practice drawing. Vonne Barnett

Katie said...

This is hilarious!! Ryan and I are both laughing out loud! My question is,... did he say a soap word when he saw the apple? :-)