Thursday, September 17, 2009

Wyatt Pops the Question

Wyatt is home sick today. We've been hanging low - coloring, writing, reading, movies, etc. Lots of mom and Wyatt time. Lots of time for quality conversation. After reading our 8th book (not an exaggeration), "Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born," Wyatt popped the question.

Wyatt - "How do babies get out of tummies?"
Me - "Huh?"
Wyatt - "How do babies get out of tummies?"
Me - "Let's talk about that another time"
Wyatt - "I want to know now"
Me - "The doctor gets it out"
Wyatt - "How, with a needle?
Me - "Want to watch Scooby Doo?"

3 comments:

Tishy said...

Chicken! Mine never wanted to know how they got in... just how they got out. I actually showed them pictures. Was Scooby Doo good?

kmr said...

I love your posts. I wish I was there.

kitzkazventure said...

Hilarious! Must be something in the air....Kazakh curiosity? We bought a new book called "How I was adopted?" because Nick has been asking questions about how we knew to pick him?? and such. I was at J.Beths and found this one and it actually shows a uterus and the baby coming out and just moves on to the next part of the story. I tried to skip over it but he wanted to know what it was. So I am now anticipating more questions...so weird and funny at the same time! We actually haven't talked about the birthmother thing at all because he remembers the babyhouse and the whole process so we haven't complicated it with the whole BP thing. It is probably coming soon but today I just said, you were not in mommy's tummy, you were in somebody else's and then you went to the babyhouse. And, then he just turned the page....whew! :) Our boys are getting big and smart! yikes! :)