Tuesday, July 28, 2009

"Put Me In Coach...I'm Ready to Play...Today"

The good news is that the Ethiopian courts are hearing and passing abandonment cases as again. Actually, this is fantastic news. Things are moving in the right direction. We are thrilled for the families that are passing court and getting ready to bring those babies home! However, I'd be denying the obvious if I didn't admit, I feel a little burn inside. Like sitting on the bench in a championship game. You're thrilled to be winning, but are dying to be in the game. I feel like screaming "put me in the (Bleep, Bleep) game! But, here we are, still hanging out, spitting sunflower seeds. Hopefully this week brings the news we're dying for.

We're headed to Louisville tomorrow to update our fingerprints. Isn't that interesting. Who would think of all things, we'd have to update fingerprints. I'm perplexed by that. After that, Jason and I are headed to an Ethiopian restaurant. We've only eaten Ethiopian food once and we both enjoyed it, so we're looking forward to another great experience.

Hopefully, next post, we'll be bragging about a court date or some updated pictures...something!! Stay posted...

4 comments:

kmr said...

I'm jealous that you are heading to an Ethiopian restaurant. I have only gone once and it was one of my favorite experiences.

Thank you for all the updates! I can only try to imagine how hard it is to wait but I'm glad that it is closer!

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine the incredible anxiety you all must feel. Prayers are with you for peace and strength.

All in God's perfect timing....

Jennifer said...

I truly hope you hear good news this week too. It's been long in coming!

Marcia K. said...

I'm cheering you on every step of the way!!! Can't wait for the moment I open up your blog and see the good news!
Blessings,
Marcia