Monday, September 01, 2008

Gabe Update

We have definitely been slacking in terms of giving updates on the process of Gabe's adoption - mostly because we are at a standstill ourselves. We are currently waiting for our I-171H from Louisville. This is the document that allows us to bring an orphan into the country and it must be included in our dossier. We still have a little to do on our dossier, but that will take no time. Actually, we could probably get it done in an afternoon, if we'd actually set the time aside and do it. But, until we get that paperwork back from Louisville, we can't send it off anyways. So, fingers crossed, we'll get it in the mail this week!

1 comment:

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

Waiting on the I-171H . . . I feel like I could write a book on that. :) The wait seemed SO LONG that when we finally did get the paper, I was kind of disappointed that it wasn't bright pink and plastered with bold letters that said, "THIS IS IT . . . THE PAPER YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR HAS ARRIVED!" :) How many weeks have you been waiting now? It took us 7 to get it from Louisville, but I think we had some issues with Nate being born outside of the United States.